Saturday, January 31, 2009

Countdown to the Superbowl!

Tomorrow is the Superbowl - Steelers vs. Cardinals. And if you know me at all, you know who I'm rooting for!

We have our Steelers clothes all laid out and ready to go for tomorrow. I think we're going to wear them to church. :) We're having two of our neighbor families over for the game. I can't wait! I didn't want to just sit at home and watch TV like Chris and I usually do. The Superbowl is a special occasion! I made two big pots of chili today. Tomorrow I'm going to make two giant sandwiches (one loaf of Italian bread each) and taco dip. Our neighbors are bringing chicken wings, dip, and desserts. Yum! Hopefully I can enjoy the social aspect of the game and not spend the whole time yelling at the TV!

Here are a couple of great links to Steelers fan songs. Make sure to check them out!
Here We Go Steelers Song
Pop Rocks (11-13 yr olds) singing "Heartbreaker" Steelers-style

I have to finish eating the bread pudding that I made the other day so that there's room in the fridge for all of the Superbowl food. It was an experiment - I didn't even know if I liked bread pudding, but I had 2/3 of a loaf of day-old, pretty stale Italian bread that I didn't want to waste. Check out how pretty it turned out (and it tasted good, too!):


The kids had dance class this morning and Francesca looked so cute that I had to pull out the camera. Aren't these sweet pictures?

No comments: