Sunday, January 18, 2009

More Snow

We woke up this morning to snow! We weren't really expecting any, but then again we haven't paid attention much to the weather the past couple of days. We ended up getting about six inches overnight and through lunch time today. When Chris took Dominic to Sunday school at 8:45, the roads were pretty treacherous and hadn't been plowed. He said he was fishtailing in the truck even in four wheel drive. When we went to church for 10:00, there were still no signs of plows. I guess that's what happens when it snows on a Sunday!

Between the snow and the frigid temperatures (-0.3 degrees, are you kidding me?), we have been stuck in the house all weekend. By this afternoon, the kids were nuts. My patience, which isn't that great on a good day, was sorely tested and I have to admit that I failed. Yes, there was some yelling in our house. I just couldn't take the craziness, the climbing on the couch, kicking, whining, and a multitude of other pent-up behaviors. After about 20 minutes in their own rooms, they calmed down a bunch, so we made chocolate cupcakes using one of the allergen-free box mixes that Aunt Lorraine got them for Christmas.

While they cooled, Chris and I made dinner and the kids set the table for dinner. We had pasta puttanesca and homemade bread - yummy!

Now it's time to watch the Steelers play in the AFC championship game. If they win this one, they go to the Superbowl! I have my fingers crossed! Go Steelers!

(The kids have the next two days off school for MLK day and the inauguration - aka teacher development day. I am going to have to plan some activities so we don't all drive each other crazy!)

No comments: