Thursday, January 8, 2009

Just a Bronchial Thing

Francesca doesn't have pneumonia, thank goodness. Just a "bronchial thing" mostly on her left side causing wheezing on that side. She has to do albuterol via a nebulizer every 4-6 hours during the day until Tuesday when we go back to the doctor. She also had a fever of 103.2 degrees - yikes - so she got Motrin at the doctor's office and she'll get another dose before bed.

This is only the second time she's ever needed the nebulizer; the other was 14-15 months ago. So the wheezing isn't quite bad or frequent enough for an asthma diagnosis requiring a daily preventative medication. I'm crossing my fingers that it stays that way. Poor Dominic takes two daily preventatives, so I was hoping we'd dodge that bullet with Francesca. It's looking less likely that she'll be spared the asthma diagnosis, but there's still hope - I hope.

I also hope that the albuterol doesn't affect here like it did Dominic. It made him hyper and extremely emotional. Francesca is emotional and flies into fits enough as it is, we certainly don't need medication making it worse!

Time for the kids' bedtime routine, then we have two blissful hours with no kids before Chris and I go to bed. I wonder if there's anything good on TV?

No comments: