Monday, January 26, 2009

Kids In Bed

The kids are in bed, la la-la la! I love this time of night where the kids are in bed (by 7:56) so we can relax on the couch and watch TV for a couple of hours. Reeeelax. What a good word. And I could use it. I worked out again today using "My Fitness Coach" on the Wii and that trainer (her name is Maya) once again kicked my butt. To add insult to injury, after I was done sweating to the Wii for half an hour, I decided to do this 12-Minute Miracle exercise routine from these new "Thin Thighs" cards I bought off the clearance table at Barnes and Noble. HOLY MOLY MY THIGHS HURT!!! And I think my hamstrings have sprung.

Hold on, I think I hear screaming from Francesca's room. Hard to tell with the dishwasher and dryer both going plus Chris running water. Oh yeah, that's her. "Honey, go check on Francesca!" There, my job is done.

Anyway, I am so looking forward to curling up with some tea and watching House and 24 tonight. Oh, that Jack Bauer... I think he totally rocks. (I think that may also have more than a little to do with the fact that he also played David in "The Lost Boys.")

Tomorrow I have to pull out Francesca's immunization records, her birth certificate, and a copy of one of our home-related bills to prove our town residency so I can register Francesca for kindergarten on Wednesday morning. Kindergarten! I can't believe it! She still seems so young - and even though she's super smart and right where she should be for her age, Dominic was reading at 4 1/2. I guess that makes me feel like she's younger for her age. Will she be ready? Will she do well? I'm sure she will, but it's so nerve-wracking! Here I am, already anxious about sending her off on the big bus and it's still 7 months away! My baby... doing on the bus.... to the big school... Oh y eah, there will be tears that day for sure.

But for now, she's lucky not to be beat every day. :)

No comments: