Wednesday, January 28, 2009

No School Again Today

Today is yet another snow day where school was canceled. So far we've gotten about an inch and a half of snow and it's doing this little rainy/icy thing now but nothing too bad. It's 1:13 pm. So really, couldn't they have went to school? It was no surprise that hundreds of schools canceled last night BEFORE any snow even started. They cancel at the prediction of snow here, which is just odd to me. I remember that happening last year and the storm ended up missing us entirely. Oops! Don't get me wrong, I want my kids to be safe and don't want the bus sliding off the road, but I also don't want them unnecessarily going to school until the Fourth of July.

Regardless, we were all home today. Chris and several of his co-workers decided to work from home today to do all of their peer reviews for their yearly "focal" evaluations. The threat of snow and school closings was a good excuse for them to take a break from "real" work and get those done.

The kids and I spent the morning playing "Hi Ho Cherry-O" and "Sequence for Kids." Counting and strategy - that's educational! We also did some watercolor paintings of castles using my favorite craft book - 365 Things to Make and Do. Then we watched "Kung Fu Panda," had lunch, and now Francesca is napping. Dominic just came downstairs from a half hour of quiet reading time. He read "Robert and the Sneaker Snobs" and is going to tell me about it now, so toodle-loo!

No comments: