Sunday, January 11, 2009

Fun in the Snow

Yesterday we woke up to snow. Nothing major, just about three inches had fallen overnight. Since it wasn't bitterly cold (it was in the 20's rather than single digits), we decided to all go out in the snow. Chris snowblowed and I did a little shoveling, then we did a little sledding and made some snow angels. Chris got two snowball makers at his company's Yankee Gift Swap before Christmas, so Dominic had a great time making snowballs and tossing them at Chris - and me!



Here's my little snow angel! It was a riot, she'd walk around seemingly aimlessly until she found a pristine spot of snow, then just fall over backwards like she had passed out. The first time, she scared me - until I saw her arms and legs going to make the angel. Cute!



I always have the task of creating the sledding path by throwing myself and the sled down our tiny hill over and over and over, each time going maybe 12 inches farther than the last time. By the time it's ready and the sled will actually slide all the way down to the back yard, I'm exhausted! Luckily the kids were willing to give me a push so I could enjoy the ride.



Until next time....

No comments: