Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My BFFs

I totally forgot to post this photo earlier. It was taken while we were visiting my parents' house over the holidays. These are my two best friends in the world - Crista on the left and Darlene in the middle.



We've been friends since 3rd grade, which just proves that the best friends someone can have are ones they've had from childhood. (Why is it so much harder to make a really good friend as an adult???)

The picture was taken at Crista's apartment. For years I used to invite a bunch of girl friends to my parents' house over Christmas for lots of wine and carrying on. As the years have passed with me here in MA, I've gradually fallen out of touch with a couple of those people. Factor in a husband and kids, and having "the girls" over was difficult. Hello?? We need privacy to talk about women stuff! Thank goodness Crista offered up her bachelorette pad about three years ago for the three of us to get together. I LOVE our post-Christmas girls night with taco dip (made without chili sauce, of course), stuffed mushrooms (blackened), drinks (Cosmos that could remove paint), and wonderful conversation (yoohoo, entertaining, and bleaching of an unmentionable). I just wish I was there so we could do it more often. I'm thinking twice a week would be good....

1 comment:

Crista Marie said...

Twice a week would be great. Cosmos every time, though? Bye bye livers. I won't burn the 'shrooms next time. Great to see you!