Friday, October 31, 2008

Where are the kids?

It's 6:45 PM and I'm getting low on individually-wrapped Twizzlers. Not because of a steady stream of trick-or-treaters, but because I'm bored and eating them myself. I think they are starting to fight back because the plastic cocoons which encase them are getting harder and harder to rip open. I've already resorted to using my teeth. A little bit of plastic never hurt anyone, right?

But really, I've only given away about 16 pieces of candy in the past 47 minutes! Where is everyone??? Are all of the kids keeping Linus company in the pumpkin patch? Someone really ought to tell them that there is no Great Pumpkin so they can come take all of these Smarties and Skittles off my hands.

My neighbor across the street is following her tradition and has margaritas and pony bottles of beer, so maybe I can take advantage of the low traffic rate and skip over there for a treat of my own. But I'm not too sure that's a good idea considering Chris has our strobe light set up. It's messing with my eyes and equilibrium enough as it is!

Oooh, doorbell! Gotta run!

No comments: