Sunday, November 2, 2008

Daylight Savings

Ah, the end of Daylight Savings time. As of 2 AM last night, we are all back on Eastern Standard time, which of course means that it's now dark just after 5 PM. I can already feel the seasonal it's-too-dark blues trying to creep their way in. Begone! Eh, I guess can deal with dark. Cold - that's another story. Brrrr....

I'm trying to warm up with a cup of tea. Tea with no sugar. I had no idea how gross it would be without sugar. I have a test tomorrow morning at my GI doctor, so all I was allowed to eat today was white rice, white bread, and plain chicken. I can drink water, black coffee, or tea. No sugar, dairy, whole grains, fruits or veggies.

Hello. I'm bland. Nice to meet you.

I had a home show this afternoon where the hostess is resisting the fact that it's frickin' cold and refuses to turn on the heat. I was freezing the whole time (even with a thick sweater), as were the other guests, and I still can't quite shake the chill. If only I could drink hot chocolate - that would do the trick! But instead I've got my yucky plain tea and a slice of white bread. It's torturous. Not only do we have literally a cauldron full of candy from Halloween, but there is also a homemade apple pie in the refrigerator calling to me. It knows that I want to eat it, and it's calling to me. Mocking me. It knows I can't have it, yet it keeps projecting thoughts of itself into my white-food-addled brain.

I'm packing pie to take with me tomorrow morning. As soon as the test is done, I'll make quick work of that pie. That delicous apple pie....

Fasting sucks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep up the great work on the blog. Good luck at the dr. Let me know how it goes.
Love,
GG