Friday, October 31, 2008

Family Halloween

There you go, my first attempt at adding a photo to my blog. How'd I do? That picture is from Pumpkinfest this past weekend. Pumpkinfest is a yearly fall celebration organized by MAP (the Montessori Association of Parents). Francesca is at Country Montessori - our last year at the school. I can't imagine leaving there - it's such a wonderful school with amazing teachers! So sad that next year both kids will be at the *gasp* public school. As Vice President of MAP, as well as the bake sale queen, I'm usually caught up in the event logistics too much to enjoy the day. This year I decided to take a deep breath and try to step back a little bit. It worked - too an extent. :) Anyway, the photo above is our family picture from that day, taken by my good friend, one of the sweetest women in the world, Julie Cray.

Today was busy, busy - and it's not over yet! A quick summary of my day: bus stop, breakfast, Staples, Linens 'n Things, Kohls, Target, Francesca's school, post office, lunch at "The Wright Place" in Millbury, home to pop popcorn, then to Dominic's school for the Halloween parade & party. Plus there is still trick-or-treat tonight, and I have to leave home tomorrow morning at 7:30 AM for a vendor event. (I probably shouldn't point out that I don't have anything ready or packed up for that event yet. Or maybe I should point it out to myself so that I get off the computer and start packing!) Nah, I have plenty of time!

So tonight is trick-or-treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat. We made spur of the moment plans at the bus stop today to go to our neighbor's house for pizza before t-o-t starts. For most families, that would mean no cooking for the mom (aka: me), but since Dominic can't eat pizza and Francesca can't eat pizza with egg in the crust (the restaurant said they are "pretty sure" it does), that means I need to whip up some delicious, wheat-egg-milk-nut-free dinosaur chicken nuggets to take with us. (By "whip up," I mean "heat frozen nuggets in toaster oven.")

I suppose I really ought to go prepare for tomorrow's event, so I'll leave you with a picture of Dominic from his school Halloween parade today. In case you aren't a big Pirates of the Carribbean fan, he is Captain Jack Sparrow. (Make sure you say it with authority, it's not captainjacksparrow, it's CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow!)

We did forgo the eyeliner. At least for school. ;)

Trick or treat!

1 comment:

The Beyer Family said...

look good Dominic and great family picture...

Uncle Mike Beyer