Sunday, November 8, 2009

Trick-or-Treat!

We had such a fun night trick-or-treating this year. At least most of us did! Chris usually takes the kids out with Pete while Lori and I stay home to give out candy. But this year we invited my friend Lois and her daughter Mia to come trick-or-treat with us. They live on a winding, rural road and don't usually trick-or-treat. So this year, Pete, Lois & I were on walking duty. I left Chris armed with a cauldron of treats and his convict costume. I was dressed in Aunt Lorraine's wedding dress as my token dead/zombie bride. We got really lucky with the weather - it was about 60 degrees. Woohoo!

Dominic was Mario from Super Mario Brothers, complete with bushy black mustache!



Once all of the kids were dressed, they were raring to go! We were lucky to get them to stay in one place long enough to take a picture. The following two photos were taken with the kids all standing on the big rock in the Beaudoin's yard. Francesca is next to Dominic in her geisha, I mean, Asian Princess, outfit. Mia is next to hear in the front center. Scout was Super Girl and she's in the back center. Logan was really cute in his policeman costume (far right). Their cousin Nick was also trick-or-treating with them this year - he's between Scout and Logan in the back.



Francesca and Logan didn't make it very far. After going down the Woodridge cul-de-sac and back past our house, Francesca got halfway around Coldbrook before I couldn't take the whining anymore and agreed to take her home. Logan opted to also head back, so I dropped them both off before meeting up with the others. Once we completed our neighborhood, we headed over to an adjoining group of streets to get even more candy (like my kids need it - or can even eat 3/4 of it!) After starting at 6:00, our trick-or-treating excursion finally wrapped up just before 8:00. We snapped a couple of pictures in the house before Lois & Mia headed home to sleep off the sugar high.

No comments: