Monday, November 30, 2009

Everyone Left

Thanksgiving is over and everyone is gone. Chris went back to work, the kids went back to school, and my family just pulled out of the driveway. I hate this part of the holidays when I'm home alone, crying and sad that our families live so far away. My stomach churns and it just all around sucks. I wish someone had told me when I was in high school or college about how hard it is to not have family around once your grown, married and have kids. Sure, moving away when you're young and single sounds exciting and grown-up, but that doesn't last. Now we're settled, Chris is in a job market with no prospects in PA, and we have to settle for seeing our families just a handful of times each year.

I'm already brainwashing my kids to stay close to home.

No comments: