Monday, November 3, 2008

Apple pie!

Another busy day here at the Beyer household. After putting Dominic on the bus this morning, Francesca and I headed to my GI doctor for another test. After drinking a not-too-gross cup of some sort of "testing fluid," I got to breathe into bags every 15 minutes for about 2 1/2 hours. In a couple of days I'll find out if I have bacteria issues in my digestive tract. The lactose test came back clear last week. So while I'm hoping they find something to fix, I am glad that I can still eat ice cream. And caramel lattes with whipped cream.

Francesca was so good the whole time - I was very proud of her. I took the portable DVD player so we watched Cinderella for the first hour and a half. Last time we took Annie, which is actually a long movie! That little redhead sings her way through well over 2 hours! It was time to go and she was still climbing up the railroad tracks on the raised drawbridge. Luckily, once Cinderella was over this morning, Francesca was happy working her way through her lunch and watching the bonus tracks. My amazing, sweet husband packed food for both of us, knowing that food keeps Francesca happy and also that I was going to be famished after fasting since dinner last night. And yes, he packed me a big piece of apple pie.

Since I didn't get a piece of pie yesterday, I feel I am well justified having eating two today. (I have yet to be able to come up with a justification for the third piece, but I'm still working on it. The day isn't over yet...)

No comments: