Sunday, September 27, 2009

Rainy Sunday

It's a rainy Sunday here in Millbury, MA. Unfortunately this has put a kink in our plans to go apple picking today. We really want to go as a family before the end of the season, but unfortunately our weekends have been jam packed with dance, Zumba, soccer, CCD, church, the farm, and my Usborne home shows.

Going to Mass has become the biggest pain, I hate to say. Not only did they change our Mass time to 10:30 (right smack in the middle of the morning so we can't do anything before other than CCD and then it's lunch time), but it has been lasting between 1:15 and 1:30 hrs instead of the typical hour. Take today - getting out of church just before noon, then by the time we get home and make lunch it's now 1:05 PM and Chris and I haven't eaten yet. (Our calzones are in the oven as I type.) Then at 2:00 we go to the farm, get home between 3 & 3:30, clean and put away all of the produce, then it's time to make dinner!

Today we were going to squeeze apple picking in between lunch and the farm since I don't have an afternoon home show, but now it's raining. And cold. Looks like a quick trip to the farm will be plenty of outdoors for the Beyer family today!

Yesterday however was a beautiful day! The forecast called for 60 degrees as the high temperature, but it went up to 69 and was sunny all day. I had an Usborne booth at the Northboro Applefest (a neighboring town) and they had a great turnout! I sold about $450 in books and scheduled 3 home shows, so it was a great work day for me! *whew!*

Time to check the calzone!

No comments: