Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Kids' Conversation

I was helping at Francesca's school today and doing a caterpillar/butterfly craft with small groups of kids. My first group was Francesca, Emma, Nathan and Jaden. While they were coloring, this was the conversation:

N: You know, Francesca is my ex-girlfriend.
Me: Really?
N: Yes. And because she's my ex-girlfriend, that means I'm her ex-boyfriend.
Me: Well, who's your girlfriend now?
N: Shea.
J: Francesca is MY girlfriend now. Right Francesca?
F: Yeah!
Me: How about you, Emma? Do you have a boyfriend?
E: No, I just can't deal with that kind of thing right now. I just don't even want to deal with it.
Me: Oh yeah?
E: Yeah, I just can't handle that right now.
Me: That's good. Just be your own woman for a while.
E: Definitely. Oh, and because the boy I like is 13.

Did I mention that they are all 5 & 6 year olds?!?! LOL!

1 comment:

The Beyer Family said...

Love it!! Just wait until they are 13 and you have this conversation!