Monday, June 29, 2009

July Vacation

Summer is here! Well, in that the kids are both out of school and the official first day of summer has come and gone. Unfortunately it's been rainy and chilly for weeks now so it doesn't feel like summer. Dominic keeps insisting that it's not summer. The kids don't quite get that the temperature is not what determines the season.

We're currently in Olean, NY at GG's house. Our whirlwind week of vacation will be spent half here with my mother-in-law and half at my parent's house in Trafford, PA - complete with their big Fourth of July picnic.

Yesterday we spent the whole day in Erie, PA at Splash Lagoon, and indoor water park with GG, Uncle Mike, Aunt Kym, Courtney, Caden & Colin. Our kids had a fabulous time on the waterslides and in the pool. I was so proud of both of them, but especially Dominic for going down the "Shark Attack" slide by himself. It's a body slide - no inner tube - and not only does it go pretty fast, it's pitch black inside the enclosed slide! Francesca was more timid and at first wouldn't go down the bigger slides in a double tube with me or Chris, but finally decided to try it and ended up loving it!

Ooop, I'm being summoned. We're off to the YMCA for family swim this morning (this is turning into a water vacation!) so I have to put on my bathing suit and head out. I'll write more about our trip soon!

No comments: